Thursday, May 10, 2007

Story Behind a Photo


Once upon a time, I was on a magnificent road trip style Spring Break in Los Angeles, California. You know Los Angeles isn't Los Angeles without the palm trees, correct? Well I was at my beautiful hotel in Beverly Hills running around amongst the bungalows snapping photos like a maniac. I took this photo with the camera against the bottom of the tree looking up. However, I did not realize that it would turn out as well as it did.

You never realize a photo's full potential until you see it enlarged on a computer. It's like when I went to the Grand Canyon. I took so many pictures and thought they were going to be these fantastic pictures--when I printed them out, they looked puny.

So, I guess the same thing happened here, but in a good way.

The moral of the story is that you should take as many pictures as your roll of film or memory card will hold, because you never know what might come out.

1 comment:

Liz Smith said...

So true! And I find the invention of the digital camera so liberating; no worries about wasting film. Or preserving your 24 shots for ones that really count only to find out weeks later after they are developed that they didn't come out! At least with digital, you have a clue if you may have gotten a great shot, and you can take a bunch to be sure. Nice tree :)
Liz